Friday, 4 November 2011

WINOL - Week #6 Notes


WINOL - Week 6... Analysis

I was pleased with how Week 6 went as I felt I produced a strong package with some interesting shots and a well-delivered script.

The hardest part about this week was taking a particularly complicated subject and making it simple to understand. The story was about the University of Southampton's Optoelectronics Research Centre receiving a £1.4 million grant. Now obviously, this is already a mouthful. There were a couple of abbreviations in the piece in the end and that may have let the final product down slightly. I had to try and explain in simple terms the fact that this grant money would be used to run and fund projects that made use of very complex equipment.

I also had an issue with the way my interview was framed. My interviewee, Professor Rob Eason, was looking too far away from the camera. It was more a side-on shot than it was a head-on shot, which is a shame. Thankfully the things Rob said were interesting enough to ensure the interview was still usable.

I think it would have been nice to get some shots of the Southampton University campus just to break up the montage clips of the technology in the lab.

I felt the piece was quite heavy for an 'and finally' story, but I think I did a decent job at explaining a complicated story in simple(ish!) terms.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Web Directory
Add blog to our directory.
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More